Dates to Remember October – December 2017

05 October 2017

Deadline to register with the HMRC if you became self-employed or started receiving income from property. You should submit a form CWF1 for self-employment or form SA1 for non-self-employed income to HMRC.

05 October 2017

Deadline for notifying HMRC of new sources of taxable income or gains or liability to the High Income Child Benefit Charge for 2016/17 if no tax return has been issued.

19 October 2017

Tax and NI due under a 2016/17 PAYE Settlement Agreement.

19 October 2017

PAYE, Student loan and CIS deductions are due for the month to 5th October 2017.

19 October 2017

PAYE quarterly payments are due for small employers for the pay periods 6th July 2017 to 5th October 2017.

31 October 2017

Deadline for submitting ‘paper’ 2016/17 self-assessment returns.

31 October 2017

Deadline for submission of 2016/17 self-assessment returns if you require HMRC to compute your tax liability and/or if tax underpaid is to be collected by adjustment to your 2018/19 PAYE code.

02 November 2017

Deadline for submitting P46(car) for employees whose car/fuel benefits changed during the quarter to 5th October 2017.

19 November 2017

PAYE, Student loan and CIS deductions are due for the month to 5th November 2017.

01 December 2017

Advisory Fuel Rates.

19 December 2017

PAYE, Student loan and CIS deductions are due for the month to 5th December 2017.

30 December 2017

Online filing deadline for submitting 2016/17 self-assessment return if you require HMRC to collect any underpaid tax by making an adjustment to your 2018/19 tax code.

Posted by Cassey Nixon on

11th October 2017


  • Protecting yourself from an HMRC investigation

    A tax investigation is stressful, time consuming and usually very expensive. And it could easily happen to you. HMRC’s investigations are more focused than ever before. During the tax year 2017-18, the tax man collected over £30 billion through ‘compliance activity’. Special investigators are using high tech methods to gain information and maximise tax revenues. […]

  • Loss Buying Restrictions

    Under qualifying circumstances, Corporation Tax relief is available where your company makes a trading loss. The trading loss can be used by offsetting the loss against other gains or profits of your business in the same or previous accounting period. The loss can also be set against future qualifying trading income. However, there are restrictions […]