The LSRG supports businesses that have been required to close due to temporary COVID-19 local lockdown restrictions imposed by the government.
Your business may be eligible if it occupies property on which it pays business rates, is in a local lockdown area and has been required to close, has been required to close for at least 3 weeks and has been unable to provide its usual in-person customer service from its premises.
- If your business has a rateable value of less than £51,000, you will receive a cash grant of £1,000 for each 3-week period your business is closed.
- If your business has a rateable value of £51,000 or above, you will receive a cash grant of £1,500 for each 3-week period your business is closed.
The grant will be extended to cover each additional 3-week period.
- Businesses which are able to to continue to operate during the lockdown because they do not depend on providing direct in-person services from their premises.
- Businesses that have chosen to close but have not been required to close as a part of a lockdown.
- Businesses that are still subject to national closures such as nightclubs.
- Businesses that have reached the state aid limit.
To apply, head to your local council’s website.