Chancellor Rishi Sunak has announced another Lockdown Grant Boris Johnson announced a nationwide lockdown after a rise in Coronavirus cases. The are one-off top-up grants for retail, hospitality, and leisure businesses worth up to £9,000 per property:
• £4,000 for businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or under
• £6,000 for businesses with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
• £9,000 for businesses with a rateable value over £51,000
This money for this Lockdown Grant will be made available by local authorities.
Some of the new Coronavirus restrictions include:
• People cannot leave their homes except for essential medical needs, food shopping, exercise, and work for those who cannot do so from home
• Non-essential businesses must close
• All schools and colleges will close to most pupils from Tuesday
• Restaurants can continue to offer food delivery, but takeaway alcohol will be banned
• Outdoor sports venues must close
Knowing how to take control of your business finances to maximise profits can be difficult, especially with the current climate. Knowing the common mistakes to avoid can be difficult and can leave you feeling unsure.